SoundBlaster CD-ROM 2x

Post by Rob Zomb » Wed, 21 Feb 1996 04:00:00

I received a 2x SoundBlaster Drive recently and this is how to get linux to
recognize it!
first download the boot image "asbpcd" and whatever root you want or use
current if any...
then at the lilo prompt type this as follows
mount root=/dev/sbpcd sbpcd=0x250,SoundBlaster
Remember case counts! and the 0x250 should be replaced with whatever address
your cd-rom is at. like 0x220 or 0x240 (if you have it hooked up to a
soundboard

SoundBlaster CD-ROM 2x

Post by Michael S. Van Donsela » Wed, 28 Feb 1996 04:00:00

>I received a 2x SoundBlaster Drive recently and this is how to get linux to
>recognize it!
>first download the boot image "asbpcd" and whatever root you want or use
>current if any...
>then at the lilo prompt type this as follows
>mount root=/dev/sbpcd sbpcd=0x250,SoundBlaster
>Remember case counts! and the 0x250 should be replaced with whatever address
>your cd-rom is at. like 0x220 or 0x240 (if you have it hooked up to a
>soundboard

I understand that Creative shipped several different CD-ROMs in their 2x kits.
I've got a Funai E2550UA that the dos driver software says is a CD-200.  It's
purported to work with sbpcd=250.

I don't have it hooked up to a soundboard (I have the old SB Pro with no CD
connector).  The board that came in the kit has a model number of CT1830 and a
(c) by Creative Technologies.  It is an eight bit card.

I'm trying to install the LInux Univers CD, and have tried "install
sbpcd=0x250,xxx" where xxx is each of the following:{0,1,2,3,SoundBlaster,
LaserMaster,SPEA}

Any ideas??

1. SoundBlaster MCD and Mitsumi 2X CD-ROM?

Does Linux (v1.1.59 or greater) support the Mitsumi 2X speed drive using
the Sound Blaster Multi-CD card as the CD interface? I've modified the
mcd.conf (?) file setting the proper interrupt and IRQ but when I boot up,
all it looks for is a SoundBlaseter compatible CD Drive.

Any suggestions?

TIA
--scott

2. Control Work Station Question

3. How to use SoundBlaster 2X CD-ROM to instal Redhat

4. Video driver for Solaris 2.1 x86 OEM version

5. Free SCO and 2x SoundBlaster CD-ROM Drive

6. Oracle/Sun: ulimit-max proc.

7. SCO Free OpenServer and Creative CD-Blaster 2x CD-ROM

8. Solaris x86 device driver info

9. Toshiba CD-ROM and Soundblaster CD

10. creative 2x CD-ROM, "device not configured"

11. NEC Intersect 2x cd-rom and workman

12. Mitsumi CD-ROM 2X Problems

13. PANASONIC 2X PORTABLE CD-ROM DRIVE