One directory/partition across multiple disks

One directory/partition across multiple disks

Post by Charles Borne » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Is it possible to make a single directory/partition span multiple disks?

Say I have a 5 gig HD running Linux, I later add a 20GB HD and want to add
the entire disk in under /home.

Is this possible?

Chas

One directory/partition across multiple disks

Post by Edouard 'Chaos' BRU » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi there

You need to use either hardware raid controllers (if you're all scsi),
or software raid controllers.

The capability you need is called Raid 0....
Try to document yourself about that....

Best regards

Edouard 'Chaos' BRUN

> Is it possible to make a single directory/partition span multiple disks?

> Say I have a 5 gig HD running Linux, I later add a 20GB HD and want to add
> the entire disk in under /home.

> Is this possible?

> Chas

1. Partition/UFS Across Multiple Disks

Hello, I am wondering if it is possible, with Solaris8 to create a file
system (ex. /data) which actually spans multiple physical disks.  If this is
possible, could someone more knowledgable than I explain it to me as to how
I go about doing this.

Many thanks in advance.

2. *** UNIX Sendmail program WANTED ***

3. multiple partitions on one disk

4. TCP/IP on UNIX Shell

5. multiple disks->one partition

6. /usr/ports/database/db3 make fails

7. adding multiple disks into one partition - security question

8. Intel outside

9. multiple disks under one partition

10. Inserting text across multiple directories and files

11. using sed across multiple directories

12. writing Makefiles across multiple directories

13. One backup across multiple tape devices