modem/setserial/stty request

Post by Greg Be » Wed, 28 Dec 1994 06:09:29

Hi, I installed 1.1.59 and the latest stuff from ftp.cdrom.com.
All is working fine EXCEPT the modem- a Supra 14.4 internal card.
Setserial correctly shows the modem's default irq and h/w address,
and that the uart is a 16450.

The modem works fine with wfw3.11/procom, but when Linux is booted,
neither seyon, kermit, or cu can operate.

Could some kind soul with a working modem and recent kernel please
mail me their modem port configuration? Please type:

Remember to replace YOUR working modem device name for '/dev/cua2' !
Thanks!

1. best way to setserial and stty at each bootup ?

I have figured out what setserial and stty commands I need to execute
to configure my serial port for my serial printer under RH5.2.

Where is the 'right' place to put these commands to have them execute
at every boot?  I'm sure there are several ways of doing it, but I'd
like my system to be as understandable as possible for the next
sysadmin.

  Robert Merithew
  merithew at uiuc dot edu

2. questions about getting into X-Windows

3. stty/modem/pppd settings with Cardinal inetrnal modem

4. setup diskless workstations

5. Stty settings help - requesting examples

6. free gargoyles and wyverns for you!

7. stty -g output mapping to stty -a output

8. packet filter for Linux (router)

9. 'stty -opost' or 'stty -onlcr' don't work ?!

10. Change "stty erase ^?" for "stty erase ^H"

11. Input/Output error when using setserial while trying to set up modem need help

12. MODEMS and SETSERIAL problems

13. Can't use "setserial" command to setup modem.