Installing gnotepad+ on Redhat 7.1: Please help

Installing gnotepad+ on Redhat 7.1: Please help

Post by Shaw » Tue, 03 Jul 2001 18:50:57

After installing Redhat 7.1 I soon realized that gnotepad+ had gone
missing.  This app is absolutely vital to me, so I found the homepage and
downloaded a source rpm. It is now uncompressed and residing  in
usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/gnotepad+-1.3.3.

Typing ./configure gives me an error message that reads:

checking for GTK - version >=1.0.5...no Could not run GTK test program,
checking why.... The test program failed to compile or link.  See exact
error that occured.  This usually means GTK was incorrectly installed or
that you have moved GTK since it was installed.  In the latter case, you
may want to edit the gtk-config script: usr/bin/gtk-config.
configure: error: Cannot find GTK+: Is gtk-config in executable path?

I have a gtk-config script in usr/bin, and I have a gtk-config-2.0 there
as well.  They make little sense to me.

gtk-config contains the argument:

if test "$echo_cflags" = "yes"; then
      echo -I/usr/include/gtk-1.2 $glib_cflags  -I/usr/X11R6/include

The directory  usr/include/gtk-1.2 contains /gdk and /gtk.

gtk-config-2.0 includes the argument:

if test "$echo_cflags" = "yes"; then
      includes=-I/usr/include/gtk-2.0
      echo -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include $includes $glib_cflags
      -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include
-I/usr/include/glib-2.0  -I/usr/X11R6/include

usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include contains a file called gdkcongig.h.  That's it.
/gtk-2.0 also has a directory called /1.3.2 which contains /immodules and
/loaders.

usr/include/glib-2.0 does not seem to exist.  I have usr/include/glib-1.2

Additional notes from the config log of gnotepad+:

configure: failed program was:
#line 2043 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

Also:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lesd

!!!Do I need this too for gnotepad+?!!!

As I was saying, this is all very cryptic to me. If any of this makes
sense to you, and you have a suggestion, please reply.

Thank you.

Shawn.

1. Please help! Installing Proxim Symphony on Redhat 7.1

I'm a relative Linux newbie and I'm trying to get my Proxim Symphony
PCI wireless card running under Redhat 7.1. I've been to the site with
the drivers (http://www.komacke.com/distribution.html), but I can't
get it to work under Redhat 7.1. Has anyone done this or can anyone
boil down the steps I need to take. I've gotten pretty far, but when I
run insmod it complains and says the module was compiled for a
different kernel version. It's possible to force this, right? But how?

Preston

2. Mgetty & 1.2.13

3. LDAP trouble with RedHat 7.1, please help

4. Hoto avoid runnign a process twice

5. Redhat 7.1 No cd sound - Help Please

6. flushing a fd (which is not a FILE *)

7. Please help me to get sound to work on redhat linux 7.1

8. Files needed to change "identity" of machine

9. Cox@HOME and RedHat 7.1 - Please help

10. Some Help, please-Can't install Linux 7.1 for Windows

11. Problems installing Mandrake 7.1, Help ASAP please.

12. HELP: Redhat 7.1 install (logs included)

13. Redhat 7.1 install freezes- Newbie needs help