Gateway video chipset/ Red Hat installation

Gateway video chipset/ Red Hat installation

Post by Ben Mos » Wed, 23 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I am trying to install Red Hat 6.0 on a Gateway PC that was bought new
in Sept.'98.  The video chipset is supposed to be a "Chromatic Research
Mpact 2 Integrated Video Chipset," but I didn't see anything resembling
that in the list of video card choices.  When I choose "Unlisted Card,"
the screen resolution is not good enough (I don't know the technical
term; i.e., it is 400x300 (I just made up numbers) instead of 800x600).
Has anyone had any experience installing it on a Gateway before, and can
tell me what to put?  Or is this a software problem that can be fixed in
X?
Thanks for your help,
-Ben Moss

If I said anything that is not technically correct, please forgive me.
I'm new to linux.
--
    /////////////////////////////////
   //       Ben Moss, KI0PX       //

 //    www.rollanet.org/~benm/  //
/////////////////////////////////

7.1 installation?

Here's my problem:

Please help!

2. problems with Ghostscript-installation - need help

3. 810 chipset & Red Hat Installation

4. Which version of LILO support Rewrite-Table option?

5. Red HAt 4.2 & Gateway 2000 G6-266 w/UDAM Controller installation

6. Kmail and insufficient storage

7. Installation of SIS 6502 Video config on Red Hat 3.0.3

8. NFS V3 Staitistics

9. red hat 6.2 installation hangs during package installation step

10. Red Hat 7.2 installation fails to recognize the keyboard during installation

11. Problem logging in after upgradation from red hat 8 to red hat 9

12. migrating from red hat 8.0 to red hat 9.0

13. Installing Red Hat packages after Red Hat is already