Reading Large Mailbox Causes Segmentation Fault in RH73

Reading Large Mailbox Causes Segmentation Fault in RH73

Post by john bai » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 07:08:10

RH73:

For a mailbox which has grown quite large, ( 300 MB ) it is impossible to read.

Running the mail command throws:

   fseek: Invalid argument
   panic: temporary file seek
   Segmentation fault

Is there a fix?

Post by Vwake » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 07:35:54

 >RH73:
 >
 >For a mailbox which has grown quite large, ( 300 MB ) it is impossible
 >to read.
 >
 >Running the mail command throws:
 >
 >   fseek: Invalid argument
 >   panic: temporary file seek
 >   Segmentation fault
 >
 >Is there a fix?

Maybe the mailbox is corrupt? Did you try opening it in Mutt or Pine or
Elm or any other client?

For, eg.

mutt -Rf <mailbox>

man mutt.

Post by john bai » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 04:12:23

>  >RH73:

>  >For a mailbox which has grown quite large, ( 300 MB ) it is impossible
>  >to read.

>  >Running the mail command throws:

>  >   fseek: Invalid argument
>  >   panic: temporary file seek
>  >   Segmentation fault

>  >Is there a fix?

> Maybe the mailbox is corrupt? Did you try opening it in Mutt or Pine or
> Elm or any other client?

> For, eg.

> mutt -Rf <mailbox>

> man mutt.

pine did the trick

thanks

1. Large mailbox causes POP failure

I'm having an odd problem. When a mailbox gets too large, we can't
retrieve mail. This is typically happening when a mailbox gets an
attachment of 3 or 4 mb. As soon as the user tries to retrieve mail,
they are prompted for their password. Entering the password doesn't
work. When they cancel they get this error message:
'-ERR cannot open mailbox /var/spool/mail/username'.
If I delete the mailbox or rename it, the account works again.

Sendmail is delivering it correctly, because I can pull down the mailbox

with FTP and decode it locally.

I am running RedHat with Linuxconf. My pop server is vpop3d.

Many thanks.

2. problems writing to /home on solaris 8

3. I've read/am reading the faq's - but what is a Segmentation fault?

4. Apache mod_user_tracker

5. Sendmail, large/corrupted mailboxes, & locking of mailboxes

6. iceWM question

7. xboard causes Segmentation Fault!

8. DEC guru needed (Q)

9. Xfilemanager causing segmentation fault

10. Using libstdc++ causes Segmentation fault

11. FTAPE causes segmentation fault when loading

12. Segmentation fault causes extreme badness?

13. lpq causes a segmentation fault on Solaris 2.7