Pro Audio 16 sndconfig error

Post by Chuck Seider » Sun, 14 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I'm using RedHat 5.2 on a P5-166 w/ 32mb ram 1.6g HD; when trying to
configure this soundcard (MediaVision Pro Audio 16)  I get an error
message: "an error occured opening /dev/audio", data dumps to the screen
but is partially hidden by the dialoge box can't make head or tails of
it. Tried rerunning sndconfig got same result.

What's the next step to fix it?

--
"Bill Gates isn't the Devil - Satan made sure Hell worked
 before he opened it to the damned..."

Pro Audio 16 sndconfig error

Post by George Gaine » Fri, 19 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Chuck:  I am having same problem. Would you mind sharing any solution you
may get with me.    I will do the same.       thanks

> I'm using RedHat 5.2 on a P5-166 w/ 32mb ram 1.6g HD; when trying to
> configure this soundcard (MediaVision Pro Audio 16)  I get an error
> message: "an error occured opening /dev/audio", data dumps to the screen
> but is partially hidden by the dialoge box can't make head or tails of
> it. Tried rerunning sndconfig got same result.

> What's the next step to fix it?

> --
> "Bill Gates isn't the Devil - Satan made sure Hell worked
>  before he opened it to the damned..."

1. 'Pro Audio Spectrum 16': Can't get 16 bit?

Anyone know why I can't get 16 bit from my 'Pro Audio Spectrum 16'
sound card? 8 bit works fine but not 16 bit. The Sound Howto says:

But linux supposedly supports 'Pro Audio Spectrum 16' and I included
support for it, as opposed to soundblaster in the kernel when I
compiled the kernel. I might have also enabled sound blaster
'compatibility'....would that affect this? Anyone know what's going
on?  Is there a way to check that 'Pro Audio Spectrum 16' is actually
there in the kernel?

Thanks,

-Tony

 Abbreviate - af 2 millenia, a btr wy t rd n wri.
         http://www.eskimo.com/~oak/abr/

2. 2.3GB vs. 5.0GB tape drive

3. Pro Audio Spectrum 16 w/NEC CD 841 - HELP!

4. System Lighthouseman Homepage

5. SCSI driver for Pro-Audio Spectrum 16

6. 2.4.11-pre1 oops in bdget()

7. Pro Audio Spectrum 16

8. what can I do if I missed root passwd in bsd

9. Pro Audio Spectrum 16 / SCSI CD-ROM driver

10. Pro Audio Studio 16 Driver

11. Pro Audio Spectrum 16 SCSI

12. Help: Media Vision Pro Audio Spectrum 16

13. MediaVision Pro Audio 16 and boot/install Linux SNOW 2.2