Fetchmail: List Subject:/From: on server without downloading?

Fetchmail: List Subject:/From: on server without downloading?

Post by Ton » Mon, 25 Jun 2001 13:58:49

Is there a way to tell fetchmail to list the Subject: and From:
headings of the mail waiting at the server without actually
downloading it?

Also, can one tell fetchmail to download only a particular e-mail?
How about to delete remote e-mail?

This would be useful when one gets a lot of spam...to download only the
real e-mail and delete the obvious spam.

Thanks,

-Tony

Post by Michael Heimin » Mon, 25 Jun 2001 17:07:21

> Is there a way to tell fetchmail to list the Subject: and From:
> headings of the mail waiting at the server without actually
> downloading it?

> Also, can one tell fetchmail to download only a particular e-mail?
> How about to delete remote e-mail?

> This would be useful when one gets a lot of spam...to download only the
> real e-mail and delete the obvious spam.

> Thanks,

> -Tony

Search freshmeat.net, there is a perl script called 'poppy', which
can do what you want.

Michael Heiming

1. Linux Mail Server without need for fetchmail

Hi,

I'm currently using Exim mail server to send mail send local(local net
to local net  users)  and internet mail. Then I use fetchmail to get pop
    mail for local users. But I wonder if there's mail server software
in the "free world" that caters for both smtp and pop/imap in one
package. It seems Exchange Server does this but it's windows software
and nonfree. Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. Help needed: trying to set up 2 Ethernet cards (1 ISA, 1 PCI)

3. How to download Netscape, without using the download script ?

4. ADSL,PPPOE and 2 NICS....HELP

5. cannot download newsgroup list from a nntp server

6. SCSI HD seen but now what?

7. PLEASE HELP!

8. "fetchmail"-grabbed mail w/o subject in elm?

9. Keeping "From " line in mails downloaded with fetchmail

10. fetchmail keeps downloading read messages

11. fetchmail sometimes can't download email