Redhat 4.1 install - Sony CDU31A CD-ROM problems - HELP

Redhat 4.1 install - Sony CDU31A CD-ROM problems - HELP

Post by Peter Le » Wed, 07 May 1997 04:00:00

I am trying to install Redhat 4.1/Intel Linux from CD-ROM.
I am using the Boot floppy that came with the shrink wrap box.
I selected Local CD-ROM and tried the following parameters,
   cdu31a=0x340,0
as mentioned in the users guide. The format is,
   cdu31a=base_addr,[irq-0][,PAS]
The guide says, use zero for IRQ is there is none used (page 155).

The Sony CDU31A CD-ROM is connected to a serial card in the motherboard.
The device manager in Windows 95 shows I/O range 0340-0343.
No IRQ is specified. My computer is a Gateway 2000 486 DX2 66.

It is 2 days since I requested for support from redhat and no replies
yet.

Redhat 4.1 install - Sony CDU31A CD-ROM problems - HELP

Post by deg » Wed, 07 May 1997 04:00:00

Try the following:
change cdu33a=0x340,5 to cdu33a_port=0x340,5

This worked for my RH 4.0 and my Gateway 2000 P5-90.

Quote:>I am trying to install Redhat 4.1/Intel Linux from CD-ROM.

Post by Mick Gowe » Sat, 10 May 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>I am trying to install Redhat 4.1/Intel Linux from CD-ROM.
>I am using the Boot floppy that came with the shrink wrap box.
>I selected Local CD-ROM and tried the following parameters,
>   cdu31a=0x340,0
>as mentioned in the users guide. The format is,
>   cdu31a=base_addr,[irq-0][,PAS]
>The guide says, use zero for IRQ is there is none used (page 155).

>The Sony CDU31A CD-ROM is connected to a serial card in the motherboard.
>The device manager in Windows 95 shows I/O range 0340-0343.
>No IRQ is specified. My computer is a Gateway 2000 486 DX2 66.

>It is 2 days since I requested for support from redhat and no replies
>yet.

I have cdu33a CDROM drive and this worked:

cdu31a_port=0x340 cdu31a_irq=0

I have 486DX2 66
Visit the www.redhat.com site and its in their instal notes somewhere.

God is real unless declared integer.