SuSE 6.3 & ghostscript

Post by William L. Marr II » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I recently downloaded gs_both-5.50-0.i386.rpm and got "failed
dependencies" on the following:

   aps-1.6.SuSE-66
   html2ps-1.0b1-103
   pstoedit-3.03-50
   gsview-1.5-84
   gv-3.5.8-99

Does anyone know where I can find these? Also, any help in setting up
ghostscript to have compiled support for the Epson Stylus Color IIs
(stc2s_h.upp) would be appreciated.

  Thanks,
   Bill

SuSE 6.3 & ghostscript

Post by Grant Taylo » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:> I recently downloaded gs_both-5.50-0.i386.rpm and got "failed
> dependencies" on the following:

>    aps-1.6.SuSE-66
>    html2ps-1.0b1-103
>    pstoedit-3.03-50
>    gsview-1.5-84
>    gv-3.5.8-99

All of the above merely call gs to do some simple work.  So long as
your gs contains the usual smattering of bitmap devices, the X11
device, and has the usual Postscript utility programs in its library
directory, it should suffice.

Unless someone comes up with a pat "these newer packages match your gs
package" answer, just tell rpm to ignore the dependencies.

Quote:> Does anyone know where I can find these? Also, any help in setting up
> ghostscript to have compiled support for the Epson Stylus Color IIs
> (stc2s_h.upp) would be appreciated.

This is a UniPrint Parameter file; check that the "uniprint" driver is

instead of the more usual -sDEVICE=foo argument.

--

 Linux Printing HOWTO:  http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/pht/

1. SuSE 6.3 & rc.config & IPADDR

Is there anyway to make IPADDR in rc.config able to handle a dynamic
IP address?  I.E. if I'm using it as a router and right now I have my
IP Address hardcoded for the eth0... can I use an * or something?  Any
help would greatly be appreciated!

- Lisa

2. shutdown -i 5 question

3. SuSE 6.3 & lilo - kernel too big

4. /dev/cua/a woes

5. [COMPAT] compat_sys_futex 2/3 ia64

6. Q: SuSE 6.3: sendmail: outgoing OK & incoming fails

7. can one deactivate kmail notifications?

8. SuSe 6.3 & Cable Modem

9. TFTPD & UTFTPD under SuSE 6.3 won't write

10. Suse 6.3 & PPP Help!!!!!!

11. AS255 & SuSE 6.3 AXP

12. problem with Soundblaster PCI 128 (OEM) & Suse 6.3