Why doesn't Redhat fix it ??????

Post by j.. » Tue, 16 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I have been struggling for several months trying to get my Philips
CM206/CM260 CDROM recognized by slak and red and been unsuccessful. I went
to Redhat's web site in frustration and found complaints about the same
problem I am having going back to at least 1996!

Why hasn't Redhat fixed the problem??? I sure am glad I didn't waste my
money on the "official" distribution.

Why doesn't Redhat fix it ??????

Post by Steph » Wed, 17 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I have been struggling for several months trying to get my Philips
>CM206/CM260 CDROM recognized by slak and red and been unsuccessful. I went
>to Redhat's web site in frustration and found complaints about the same
>problem I am having going back to at least 1996!

>Why hasn't Redhat fixed the problem??? I sure am glad I didn't waste my
>money on the "official" distribution.

No but sounds like you wasted some money on a CD rom... Why don't you *
at philips for not making their hardware compatible?

    Stephe

1. why doesn't ufsrestore fix mangled ld.so.1 ???

I've resigned to do a reinstall but I'm curious...

 I "newfs"ed each partition then did a ufsrestore on each...
The box ran for a week, then died again w/the same errors.

 Seeing lots of posts w/similar problems w/the ld.so.1.

Why didn't the ufsrestore fix it?

Is there a virus going 'round?

 -curious

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. acces to zip drive

3. Why doesn't somebody fix who?

4. Linux 2.4.13-ac7

5. Why doesn't Redhat 4.0 print txt files from command line?

6. Linux/PPC on Powercenter Pro 210

7. why doesn't redhat 6.0 support ethernet card?

8. TIS FWTK

9. Internet Gateway doesn't work on RedHat 7.1..Why?

10. Why doesn't sed 's/$/^M/' work as expected?

11. why doesn't 'tar' work?

12. Why doesn't reboot do a 'swapoff -a' ????

13. Why: perl -e <<'EOF' doesn't work (bash)