URGENT URGENT URGENT

Post by Abraham Almosaw » Sun, 16 Nov 1997 04:00:00

HELP,
I have REDHAT 4.2, installed great all OK, but then I decided to change the
Hostname using XWindows Network Configurator, I changed the Hostname box
from:
        Hostname : localhost.localdomain
        Hostname : alcom.net
now whenever I boot Linux (RH) the boot process hangs with the message:
        Starting sendmail : sendmail
and all it does is sit there wont let me do anything, how can I get around
this?????  My whole Linux system is down until I can figure it out.....  If
you can help thanx in advance.
A sub problem does anyone know how to put color into printf commands?????
Anyway Thanx again
abe

URGENT URGENT URGENT

Post by Jesse Weiger » Sun, 16 Nov 1997 04:00:00

--------------59C31435943F57D109305E33

I don't think it is*.  My computer does this too.  It will sit there for
about 2-3 minutes before it goes on.  I got around this problem by uninstalling
sendmail through glint.

--
 -Jesse Weigert

--------------59C31435943F57D109305E33

begin:          vcard
fn:             Jesse Weigert
n:              Weigert;Jesse
adr;dom:        ;;;Bainbridge Island;WA;98110;

x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: TRUE
version:        2.1
end:            vcard

Post by Harry Zi » Sun, 16 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> now whenever I boot Linux (RH) the boot process hangs with the message:
>         Starting sendmail : sendmail

Your box *IS* connected to a network, right?

Harry

Remove 'SPAM.' from e-mail if you want to write me.

"A well-reasoned post couched in badly-composed English is like a dog
that speaks Latin:  rare and utterly useless."  --  Dennis Nedblake

1. ftp/urgent/urgent/urgent

iam using linux
i am having problem witha user not being able to ftp in to the server
with in the lan. all other users can. I checked the follwing files
 484 Feb 28 10:30 /etc/ftpaccess
 456 Feb 28 10:30 /etc/ftpconversion
  39 Feb 28 10:30 /etc/ftpgroups
 104 Feb 28 10:30 /etc/ftphosts
  79 Feb 28 10:30 /etc/ftpusers
they don't have much in them.

the error message logged is Aug  4 15:13:10 linus ftpd[7144]: failed
login from linus [192.168.254.26]

any clues

please help

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Messed up 'at' utility

3. ftp problem/urgent/urgent/urgent

4. pppd and permissions

5. URGENT URGENT LU0

6. Lilo "L 40 40 40 40 40 40..."

7. A *** URGENT COMPILING URGENT ***

8. SMP supported (in upcoming 2.2)?

9. URGENT URGENT dlopen() help needed...

10. Urgent, urgent, how to check Network Interfaces Utiliaztion

11. URGENT URGENT dlopen() help needed...

12. URGENT: mkvirprt -a t0 ?? URGENT

13. <urgent!> Using Sockets Code <urgent!>