RH4.3 & FD-TMC850 setup problem...

Post by Wes Yat » Wed, 12 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Can anyone fluent in Redhat install or setup help me with a problem. I
have tried in vain to set up my Future Domain TMC-850M scsi card for the
past two weeks. The RH4.3 installer just won't recognize it. I have an
ABIT PX5 Mainboard with an Award bios if thats any help. the Future
Domain I think has a ROM BIOS and the chip says its a Future Domain 950
v8.2. Do I need to set jumpers (irq3 isset now and memory address
c8000-cbfff i think)? Do I need to not run the autoprobe? How and what
arguments or options would I need to set. Must I do this once I've
installed the system and then install the driver/setup later?

The kernel is 2.0.30 and its a RedHat 4.3 distribution. I got it from
Linux Systems Labs. I read section 5.14 of the SCSI-HOWTO, but that
didn't really mean much to me.

If anyone can explain this seciton to me I would be grateful!!!!
Thanks to all in advance!!!!!!!!!!

-Wes Yates

1. SCSI Harddisks not found! (FD-TMC850)

My 486DX has one IDE drive where I have Linux Red Hat 2.0.3 installed.

This works fine except that my additional installed SCSI harddisks
cannot be seen from Linux.
My SCSI controller (FD-TMC850) works fine and recognizes the drives
during the boot up procedure. In earlier days I used this computer as
a Novell 3.12 Server, and within Novell, the harddisks could be
accessed fine.
Anyone knows how to make the harddisks visible to Linux?

Peter Stehlik

2. fetchmail from line

3. FD-TMC850

4. Is there a mailling list for this group?

5. Adaptec1520b & kernel panic, RH4.2 setup

6. buffers are eating my RAM!! HELP!!!

7. HELP: Linux setup/mount & FD TMC SCSI BIOS...

8. OI docs (was Re: XSysadmin)

9. Serial setup problem with RH4.0

10. RH4.2 & Mystique & XFree86

11. cdu33a & rh4.0 problem

12. RH4.0 -> RH4.1

13. PROGRESS REPORT: Re: Minor probs. after upgrade RH4.1 -> RH4.2