Diald Installation and setup errors

Post by nine9 » Tue, 23 Mar 1999 04:00:00

        I am installing the latest version of Diald on my Redhat linux 5.2
system.  I wish to have a 24/7 ppp connection to work alongside my DYNDNS
for my little bbs.

I was told that diald will detect when the connection gets dropped,
reconnect, and will also run my dyndns updater script everytime the ip
changes... is all this true?

Also.. when i try to unzip the source and install i get all sorts of
"redefine" warnings and errors.. when i do make depend, make and make
install thereby forfeiting the software all together

Can someone please help me?

i'm on vacation :)

                  http://www.searchlinux.com

:
: I was told that diald will detect when the connection gets dropped,
: reconnect, and will also run my dyndns updater script everytime the ip
: changes... is all this true?
:
: Also.. when i try to unzip the source and install i get all sorts of
: "redefine" warnings and errors.. when i do make depend, make and make
: install thereby forfeiting the software all together

Ummm, what "latest" version of Diald are you trying to use?  Make sure you are
using the really latest version.  The latest one that I used prior to getting
an "always-on" cable modem was 0.16-5.  The -5 patches were specifically for
"glibc" based systems, such as  Redhat V5 and later.

Yes, Diald will run a script upon successful connection.  That script can be
your dyndns updater, or it can run your updater.

        Stu