Linux, Win95 HP5L printer Question

Post by Phil Morri » Mon, 16 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I Now have Linux up and running on My Window95 Pc. and thanks to those that
provided assistance in this group to get me started.
I installed a second hard drive and am currently booting linux with a boot
disk.
The linux hard drive is not detected by Win95.I used Linux fdisk to
partition and format the hdb drive.

Everything is fine except for one glitch. After I take my linux system down
with powerdown and restart my pc When I need to enter a Win95 session, no
bashing please my HP5l laserjet printer insists on printing a blank page
with on character in the upper left corner. The HP status window loads
during the boot and I am using the PCL driver.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas???

Tia Phil,

1. Problem with a printer filter to use Postscript on HP5L

Hello !
I've got a small problem with my printer on FreeBSD. It is a HP Laser
Jet 5L plugged on /dev/lpt0 .
I use it to print plain text and postscript files locally and remotelly
with Samba and lpd (launched from a Linux 2.0 workstation).
When I print plain-text or with Samba... no problem....
But when I try to print postscript, nothing is printed !!! However, if I
use ghostscript manually and redirect it then to /dev/lpt0... it works
fine !
I've included my print filter script. I took it from the
FreeBSD handbook.

Thanks for your answers !

--------------------
Arnaud Aubert

message sent by Netscape Communicator 4.2 for Unix

[ if-pcl < 1K ]
#!/bin/sh
printf "\033&k2G" || exit 2
read first_line
first_two_chars=`expr "$first_line" : '\(..\)'`
if [ "$first_two_chars" = "%!" ]; then
        gs -sDEVICE=laserjet -q -dSAFER -dNOPAUSE -sOutputFile=- -
        exit 0
else
        echo $first_line && cat && printf "\f" && exit 0
fi
exit 2

2. Alpha machines?

3. Local Printer (HP5L) Under RH7

4. internal zip drive

5. HP5L printer util

6. SQUID - Proxyserver

7. Duplex with HP5L printer

8. Maintaining 2 Networks

9. Samba and Printers on Win95 question

10. HP5L with Linux???

11. samba: win95->linux works, linux->win95 doesnt

12. Linux and win95 on the same printer

13. Using Win95 printers from linux?