set-up for mac 2 linux serial-port terminal?

set-up for mac 2 linux serial-port terminal?

Post by Joseph Santaniell » Sat, 06 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Hi there,

I'd like to set up my linux laptop so that I can have a tty terminal on my
Mac. I'd like to use serial ports and a null-modem cable I've got lying
around. How (and where) do I specify that the linux machine sets up a tty on
a serial port? I haven't been getting anywhere with the beginner's books I
have. All help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

1. More Serial Ports/Terminal and UPS

Okay, I've got to add a terminal and UPS to my machine at home, and I don't
have the available serial ports (currently have two: com1: 16450 and mouse,
com2: 16550AFN and modem). My questions is what do people recommend in
terms of hardware to add a couple of more serial ports to a PC running
Linux (preferably 16550AFN compatible).

As can also be surmised from the above, has anyone set up a Linux machine
to automatically shutdown upon a signal from a UPS (with an RS-232 connection
of course). If so, could you give me any pointers?

Any help would be appreciated.

-Jim Orr

2. Solaris on x86 - Issues

3. Setting up a Wyse terminal over a serial port on linux mandrake 8.1

4. PPPd Error messages

5. HELP!! Serial-port terminal on Linux

6. dialing in problem

7. How do I set up a terminal on a serial port (AIX3.1.3002)?

8. beutify source code

9. Tips for setting up a text terminal via serial port?

10. Problem setting terminal type for serial ports (Help!)

11. Setting up a terminal on the serial port?

12. Setting up terminal on serial port

13. Recommend an UPS that Linux can talk through serial port and network