SlackWare 2.0.30 Install

Post by The Unix Godfathe » Tue, 09 Sep 1997 04:00:00

> I am attempting to install The Slackware edition of Linux 2.0.30 (the
> latest) on a Dell Latitude P166 XPi CD and am having trouble getting the OS
> to correctly recognize any PCMCIA card I have in the slot.  I have tried
> the 3Com 3C562D/3C563D combo card, A 3Com EL III, and a MHz Modem.  All of
> these cards came up as 'Anonymous Memory Card' in whatever slot I put them
> in. All of the cards I attempted are functioning and are recognized by

<snip>

> laptop and receive similiar symptoms?  If so, what is the workaround?  I
> have already tried hacking the /etc/pcmcia/config file to bind the correct
> drivers to the cards if it finds an 'Anonymous Memory Card'...  It attempts
> to bind but fails.  Any help or info would be greatly appreciated!

> Kevin Sullivan

James_ Wrote:

Re-Compile your 2.0.30 kernel and answer YES! to PCMCIA support.

That oughta do-it.

JAMES CLARK

(-C-I-S-)-Crystal Information Soulutions-(-C-I-S-)
           The World has Moved !!

1. SlackWare 2.0.30 Install

I've got linux running on a Latitude XPi...no problem.  Also have a 3Com
Ethernet and a Megahertz modem card in it (although I'm not sure I ever used
the modem with linux).  I really didn't do anything special, although I
did right-from-the-start compile a kernel on it which included PCMCIA support
serial support, and ethernet support.  (I have the ethernet and token ring support
compiled as modules, since it's either/or for me.).

--
Dave Brown   Austin, TX

2. adding program output to mail

3. (help!) Slackware 2.0.30 dies during install

4. Problem installing Linux 2.0.0

5. SMC NE2500 (NE2000) not detected; slackware 2.0.30

6. Misadventures with Pseudoterminals

7. success: FIC-PA2007 @75Mhz , Cyrix M2 PR200 @ 150Mhz, 2x32M LGS SDRAM, Slackware Linux 2.0.30

8. Problem after installing 2.2.10

9. Windows 3.x login probs with Linux Slackware 2.0.30

10. Configuring Name Servers and DNS in Linux 2.0.30 (Slackware 3.4)

11. slackware 2.0.30 bare.i kernel doesn't boot on...

12. Can't mount 2.0.30 - kernel panic (Slackware 3.4)

13. Slackware v2.30