Help w/ Paradise Bali Card & Samsung Monitor

Help w/ Paradise Bali Card & Samsung Monitor

Post by Harvey H » Sat, 05 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Hello All,

I'm terribly sorry if this shows up a second time, but
I don't think my first post got out.

I am trying to setup XFree86 3.1.1 for my linux workstation.
And as you can see I am having trouble.

I have the Paradise Bali 32 Graphics acclerator card,
which is using the ARK1000PV chipset, and I don't see
this chipset listed anywhere in the support documents.
Also the monitor I have is a Samsung SyncMaster 15GL,
I have the manual so I think I can fill out the Monitor
section of the XF86Config file adequately, and nowhere
in the support docs is this monitor listed.

This is running on a 486 machine.

Any help in finding the info or configuring the files
will be greatly appreciated.

-Harvey Hou

| Seek the welfare & happiness of others and you'll have more happiness|

Help w/ Paradise Bali Card & Samsung Monitor

Post by Kisoo Li » Sun, 06 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Hi
I don't have exact answer.But I recommend a way.
If you have monitor manual,you can get at least three items there.
H,V and ~MHz then you can try manually three modes of screen;640,800,1024.
And you can try some clocks of vga card as long as clocks are not so
complicated.In this way you can try once and again until you get it.
Does this help?
I use 3.1.0,tvga8900c,samsung samtron monitor.I had to work manually on screen
modes to get 1024x768 and succeeded.
Good luck

--
Kisoo Lim
http://bora.dacom.co.kr/~mstar

Seoul,Korea

1. Help w/ Paradise Bali card & Samsung Montior

Hello All,

I am trying to setup XFree86 3.1.1 for my linux workstation.
And as you can see I am having trouble.

I have the Paradise Bali 32 Graphics acclerator card,
which is using the ARK1000PV chipset, and I don't see
this chipset listed anywhere in the support documents.
Also the monitor I have is a Samsung SyncMaster 15GL,
I have the manual so I think I can fill out the Monitor
section of the XF86Config file adequately, and nowhere
in the support docs is this monitor listed.

This is running on a 486 machine.

Any help in finding the info or configuring the files
will be greatly appreciated.

-Harvey Hou

| Seek the welfare & happiness of others and you'll have more happiness|

2. Colorized ISSUE Screen

3. Video card problem: Paradise Bali 32

4. Apache proxy access bug

5. Does XFree3.1.1 support Paradise Bali 32 graphics card?

6. ftime() bug?

7. Bali 32 Paradise Card

8. 3com 3C509B Etherlink III with RedHat

9. Any luck with X on Paradise Bali 64 card?

10. Paradise Bali 32 and X-Windows

11. X: Installing a Paradise BALI Western Digital

12. PARADISE BALI 32 + X ???

13. support for Paradise Bali 32