URGENT HELP: Japanese user wants mail and staroffice in Japanese(Kanji)

URGENT HELP: Japanese user wants mail and staroffice in Japanese(Kanji)

Post by Spectr » Sat, 05 Jan 2002 23:01:28

A Japanese customer needs to open Office (Word) documents and exchange
email in Japanese characters (I understand it is Kanji).

I noticed that RH 7.2 comes with several packages related to Japanese
support but I don't know where/how to start.

RH72 would be installed in English [to make my tech-support life
easier :-) ], and then the user would read/send email in Japanese or
use Staroffice to read Word docs in Kanji characters.

I need help about where to start; basic and detailed info will be
appreciated, since I'm not familiar with the issues involved.

Redhat linux will be highly preferred since it standardized in this
environment. If there is a good solution with another linux distro,
please send info too.

Replies can be posted to the newsgroups directly or sent to my email
address.

Thanks.