LILO

Post by boba.fe » Fri, 06 Sep 1996 04:00:00

I am having a huge problem with Linux's LILO.  Every time I try to use it, all
I get is: "LI" and then my system freezes.  I've got 3 1 gig IDE drives, 24 mb
ram, a Iomega Jaz hooked up to a Buslogic BT948 (this is where Linux is).  If

Thanks!

LILO

Post by jeff schmid » Fri, 06 Sep 1996 04:00:00

> I am having a huge problem with Linux's LILO.  Every time I try to use it, all
> I get is: "LI" and then my system freezes.  I've got 3 1 gig IDE drives, 24 mb
> ram, a Iomega Jaz hooked up to a Buslogic BT948 (this is where Linux is).  If

> Thanks!

Is lilo installed on the mbr? Try partitioning the drive with separate
partitions for /usr, /home, etcetra and place all of the boot records
and kernel on the lowest number partition.. it looks like all of lilo is
not loading or it can't find the kernel. Is the jaz drive partitioned
and does the /etc/lilo.conf file contain a line telling lilo that that
is your boot partition containing the kernel ?

1. LILO--LILO--LILO

here is my problem----i have 2 physical hard disks --the primary master
has NT
and the primary slave has LINUX(red hat )--i have LILO boot which has 2
images---x(for linux) and nt.

i wanted to upgrade my linux6.0 to 6.1 and so i booted from the cd-rom ---
but it
would give an error saying that "ext2 file system not found" and would
hang.

so---i disconnected my primary master(NT) hdisk and proceeded with the
installation which was successful.

now , at LILO boot when i give X IT SAYS "LOADING X" and stops....it seems-
the LILO is not able to relate the X image to the primary slave.

can you help me to set the LILO properly.....i will be very thankful.

2. Origin of dial on demand request

3. LILO, LILO, LILO

4. HELP: pppd won't talk to modem, and won't link up with ISP

5. lilo can't find /etc/lilo.conf, even though it's there

6. Korn shell/solaris - how to enable emacs bindings?

7. lilo.conf ignored by lilo at boot time

8. NEWBIE! Please help

9. LILO: what does lilo write in boot sector?

10. LILO boot LILO

11. LILO: First boot sector doesn't have a valid LILO signature

12. LILO chokes my compile...BUT I DONT USE LILO..??

13. please help - lost LILO, LILO lost