Mount point none does not exist?

Post by Duane Mor » Sun, 26 May 1996 04:00:00

I just noticed that when I boot linux a message goes by during the
mounting file systems stage that says something like "mount point none
does not exist".  (I didn't write down the exact wording, but it's
definitely during mounting, and it definitely says 'none').  It
doesn't seem to be hurting anything.

Can somebody tell me where I should be looking to see who's doing
this, and possibly remove it?

Duane

Post by Rube Goldbe » Sun, 26 May 1996 04:00:00

 >I just noticed that when I boot linux a message goes by during the
 >mounting file systems stage that says something like "mount point none
 >does not exist".  (I didn't write down the exact wording, but it's
 >definitely during mounting, and it definitely says 'none').  It
 >doesn't seem to be hurting anything.
 >
 >Can somebody tell me where I should be looking to see who's doing
 >this, and possibly remove it?
 >
 >Duane

                I'll bet your swap disk is not there now. You probably
                have the syntax in fstab messed up and used /none when
                you meant none.

                wrong:
                /dev/hdb3  /none  swap   defaults  1 1
                /none      /proc  proc   defaults  1 1

                correct:
                none       /proc  proc   defaults  1 1
        /dev/hdb3   none  swap   defaults  1 1

--
                              --------------------------------------

    Steinberger:             ||  All techs meet the standards set   |
State of the Instrument      ||  by their correctional institutes.  |

Post by Ian V. Quickmi » Thu, 30 May 1996 04:00:00

>I just noticed that when I boot linux a message goes by during the
>mounting file systems stage that says something like "mount point none
>does not exist".  (I didn't write down the exact wording, but it's
>definitely during mounting, and it definitely says 'none').  It
>doesn't seem to be hurting anything.
>Can somebody tell me where I should be looking to see who's doing
>this, and possibly remove it?
>Duane

Check /etc/fstab ...
or maybe in one of the rc.* files in /etc/rc.d ...

WWW: http://www.sonetis.com/~ianq/      CIS: 74032,573

1. Mount point does not exist/device fd0 does not exist

Does anybody know why i get this message when i try to mount my fd0?
The first times i tried, it worked, i could read and write to
diskette.  Suddenly it was not possible anymore. I give it the command
mount /dev/fd0 /mnt

I tried many things, got suggestions of colleagues, but nothing works.
I tried to alter my mtab and fstab, that did not work either.

2. timed

3. mount: mount point /media/cdrom0 does not exist

4. MAN not working, here's what to do

5. CDROM Problem: "mount point /cdrom does not exist"

6. USB to RS232

7. MOUNT POINT /DOSC Does Not Exist????

8. Network error messages after upgrade

9. Another SB-16 problem << MOUNT POINT \cdrom DOES NOT EXIST >>

10. mount point /cdrom does not exist

11. Mount point does not exist?

12. Mount Point Does Not Exist?

13. Mount point does not exist?