Install boot disk error 0x10

Post by Pieter Rijke » Sun, 24 Sep 1995 04:00:00

>I have installed a new hard disk ona 40 mhz 386 using EZ drive to beat my
>Bios's problem recognising more than 1024 cylanders and now I can't boot
>the Linux install disk.  I have tried to enter  the /dev/hdb1 which is
>where I want to install Linux but, all I get is an error 0x10.

Recently I had the same problem. In my case the problem was that I split an
existing DOS partition into two using FIPS.EXE, but I forgot to delete
the new partition.

Quote:>I am trying to install Linux on my second drive which is a 420 meg Caviar.
>and have had Linux on this drive before. I have installed Win95 on my C
>drive ( the 850 meg one).

>I supect that I have to feed the boot program some parameters. does
>anyone know what it needs?

I think the problem is that there is no space left for a new partition
on your second drive. Try deleting an partition. It worked for me