Help: cannot install any slackware package on Versa 4080h

Help: cannot install any slackware package on Versa 4080h

Post by Juping J » Sun, 10 Aug 1997 04:00:00

I tried to install Slackware 3.3 on my NEC Versa 4080H, it already has
Win95 installed. Linux boot disk and root disk goes smoothly. When I tried
to install the 'A' set disks, linux told me that it is unlikely that the
disk in floppy drive is 'a1', so I skip to 'ap' set, and the same problem
happened.  Then I downloadded the 'a1' disk again, setup linux from
scratch. But same problem occurred again when I installed the 'a' set
disks.  Linux just cannot recognize the disks, or any set of disks. What's
wrong with my installation? Any suggestion will be appreciated.(please
send a copy of reply to this email account)

Juping Jin

1. Help: X didn't run normally on Versa 4080H.

After some struggles and tries, I got X window 'run' on my NEC Versa
4080H. HOwever, half times, it started with bars on the screen; some
times, when I quit from it, the screen turned from white to dark or fill
with bars. And also, one time, 20 minutes after it started normally, the
screen turned to green bars. I don't know what's going on. One possible
reason is incorrect HorizSync and VerticSync frequencies. Since I lost my
manual, I don't know the actual number and instead, I used the number from
a web site with not exactly the same computer.

I wonder if someone has the same computer and successfully config X
window, or if you know someone has the same computer, tell me know the
frequencies number. I called NEC technical support, they said they cannot
find those number.

The video card used on this computer is: Chips & Technologies 65545, with
1 mb ram, 800x600 resolution, TFT color.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Juping Jin

2. Sundgadoom, how do I resize the window?

3. Help: X window didn't run normally on Versa 4080H

4. Seagate ST410800N 9GB hard drive

5. NEC versa 4080H + linux ?

6. Boy do I feel dumb....

7. problems with XFree86 on Nec Versa 4080H

8. EnablePlainTextPassword for win2000

9. Need suggestion on setup linux on NEC Versa 4080H

10. Nec versa 4080H question

11. Solution to NEC Versa 4080H Laptop 800 x 600 XF86Config

12. Problem with XFree86 4.03 on Versa 4080h running 800x600 16bpp

13. Cannot install an RPM (requires a package already installed)