Netscape keeps reloading news items

Post by Evan Reynold » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Figured I'd see if anyone else has run into this.
I started using Netscape to read news on RH Linux 6.0.
When I view a newsgroup message, it loads the message
in so I can see it.  Then it blanks it out and re-loads it from
the server.  It does this five or six times for each message
I try to view.

Anyone have any ideas?
------------

Two peanuts crossed the street.  One was *ed.
The other was turned into peanut butter, making it * and buttery.
Then the cops came and everything was nuts -
but the caught the culprit.  He was aroasted.

Post by Ned Latha » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Figured I'd see if anyone else has run into this.
> I started using Netscape to read news on RH Linux 6.0.
> When I view a newsgroup message, it loads the message
> in so I can see it.  Then it blanks it out and re-loads it from
> the server.  It does this five or six times for each message
> I try to view.

I had (have) the same problem in RH 5.2. I found that not
resizing the message window helps to reduce it.

Not very satisfactory.

It still automatically displays the first message after sorting,
which I don't want, and it still does that reload bullshit
sometimes too.

I'm trying to get Mosaic working: not successful yet.

Ned

1. Netscape 4.04 news reload problems...

I am having problems with Netscape 4.04 using
the news browser.

The problem:

   1. The browser reloads the message every time
      the browser window is rescaled. This is already
      in the cache, so why?
   2. Some messages are downloaded twice. This happens
      for 40% of the messages. This problem is probably
      linked to the above problem.
   3. The pulldown menu containing mail folders and news
      groups is shaky.

None of these problems appear under Windows NT/95

Was using Netscape 3.0 and had no problems, except that
little java thing.
Now running Red Hat 4.0 I could use Netscape 4.04, the
slackware I was using earlier had to old libraries.

Any ideas?

Christoph

2. executable page not aligned?

3. HELP: Netscape crashes while posting a news item

4. Need some help in Routing in Linux

5. Netscape Collabra keeps losing my news server.

6. CML2 0.9.4 is available

7. Netscape news readers keeps showing read measseges...

8. Connecting two machines; Client will only communicate properly when pinged constantly from Server.

9. My solid CDROM won't reload before I keep it.

10. INN reload needed after posting news?

11. A problem in reloading articles in News Express.

12. A problem in reloading old articles in news group.

13. Request headers - 'Reload', <SHIFT>+'Reload'