How to set auto reply mail?

Post by 92907.. » Fri, 15 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Hello all,

I am running Smail on my Linux box. Can I set my mail box to automatically
reply a custom text file to whatever mail I receive?

I see some sites have this feature, Can I do it by pine or I need some
other mail delivery systems?

Please reply by mail. I really don't wanna miss any reply.

Ken Thanks you in advance.

How to set auto reply mail?

Post by Mark Levi » Fri, 15 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Hello all,
>I am running Smail on my Linux box. Can I set my mail box to automatically
>reply a custom text file to whatever mail I receive?

  I may be completely wrong because I've never actually tried to do this, but
I think the procmail package will do this sort of thing.

                    Mark E. Levitt
    Department of Speech Communication, Syracuse University

         Home Page:  http://web.syr.edu/~melevitt

PGP fingerprint =  B8 A3 AA A6 0F 83 9A BE  F2 7A 19 F9 15 79 FE A4
Public key available from http://web.syr.edu/~melevitt/pgpkey.html

1. Help setting up auto-reply mail

I want to setup my mail system for user "info"
to return one of several canned files depeding
on the text in the subject line. Can someone
point me to some documentation how to do this?
Thanks...

Don Rubin

2. What is NDIS?

3. set mail from address and mail reply adress in Unix command line

4. digital 330

5. Auto reply mail

6. Matrox Mystique in Xwindows

7. newbie needs help auto-replying to mail

8. Gigabyte GA-7VTXH ; RTL8100

9. Mail - Auto-reply problem

10. NEEDED: Auto Mail Reply program/script

11. Auto Reply-mail

12. Auto mail reply question...

13. Questions about auto-replying to mail....