Help, Plug and Play Modem (SupraExpress 28.8i PNP) and Soundcard (SB AWE64) installation problems

Help, Plug and Play Modem (SupraExpress 28.8i PNP) and Soundcard (SB AWE64) installation problems

Post by Nik Carri » Wed, 19 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I have recently installed Redhat 5.1.  I have configured everything
except my SupraExpress 28.8 modem and my AWE64.  The utility for
soundcfg keeps giving me an error message "modprobe... error"  I
cannot remember the exact wording.  As for my modem, it has no jumper
switches and is purely plug and play.  I tried to use the isapnptools
package but I do not believwe that I am using them correctly.  Can
someone help me please.  I'm tired of returning to Windows to connect
to the Internet

Help, Plug and Play Modem (SupraExpress 28.8i PNP) and Soundcard (SB AWE64) installation problems

Post by Minstre » Wed, 19 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I used isapnptools to configure my PNP modem.  What have you done with the
program?  If I know what you've done, maybe we can find out what's wrong.

Aaron

1. PnP on SupraExpress 28.8i HELP! :)

hi, recenly my non plug and pray modem died leaving me with a 14.4 and a
28.8plugNpray - i tried using the isapnp tool but either i didnt do it
right.. or there is more to do than following the install steps and then
assigning /dev/modem to /dev/cua2. I grabbed the pnp4kernel tool.. do the
2 have to work togeather? or are they completely independant tools ?? any
help would be greatly appreciate.. all i wanna do is assign it to
/dev/cua2 so i can utilize it.. and WARM boot isnt an option.. i shed
myself of winblows and Micro$loth a long time ago :)

EEMAN-
this signature is shareware, that will be $5 please.

2. make duplicate boot disk, how to make sure the primary disk is ok?

3. Summary: SupraExpress 28.8i PnP with Linux

4. ENV_INIT variable

5. Supra 28.8i PnP Modem

6. Don't Upgrade KDE in Runnlevel 5

7. Supra 28.8i PNP install problem

8. virt_to_phys vs pgd/pmd/pte_offset calls

9. Matrox Mystique ands X.

10. PnP (Plug 'n Play) Modem Setup

11. Help with SCSI/AWE64 Plug 'n Play

12. Help Configure Diamond SupraExpress 288i PNP Modem

13. Have problem in dial up with SupraExpress 288i PnP modem in Slackware 3.0