LILO and Seagate Ontrack

Post by Joseph A. Isahac » Fri, 03 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I have to use Seagate's Ontrack software to use the full 6gigs on my new
hard drive.   I installed Linux on a second 1.2 gig drive.  I didn't
want to install lilo on the MBR because i thought it would mess up the
seagate software.  Is this true?  If so how can I get Linux to boot up.
Can I make a boot floppy?

Thanks!

--
Joseph A. Isahack

http://www.panix.com/~xjaiz

1. LILO and OnTrack Disk Manager Woes

Hello All,

Hoping someone has some experience with a situation like this:

My i486 has a 6.4 Gig hard drive which uses OnTrack's Disk
Manager in MSDOS6.22.  I would like to have Linux and MSDOS
available from the LILO menu at boot up (Linux default).
What happens now is that it boots straight into MSDOS6.22.
I can however start Linux using the boot disk.

I installed LILO on my root partition which is below the
1024th cylinder.  In Linux fdisk, MSDOS is set as the active
partition.  I deactivated that partition and activated my
root partition, but at boot up (after the OnTrack message)
I got the message to insert a boot disk.  I also tried a
couple of things mentioned in the LILO-mini-HOWTO to no
avail.  Does Red Hat Linux not cooperate nicely with
Disk Manager?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

2. kernel 2.4.0-test11 problem

3. Help: Linux, LiLo and Ontrack

4. GUS and sound config

5. Ontrack DDO and LILO

6. user shutdown command

7. Lilo and Ontrack in the MBR

8. Intell TX Chipset and Linux Install Problems

9. lilo and Ontrack

10. LILO/Large IDE/Ontrack DiskManager/DOS

11. Linux lilo work with OnTrack Disk Manager (DDO) ??

12. Help: Linux, LiLo and Ontrack

13. Quantum Ontrack Driver and LILO