SCSI Tekram DC-315/U

Post by Yves-Ga? » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

How to install Linux RedHat with a SCSI Card (Tekram DC-315/U).

Thank you

Yves-Ga?l

SCSI Tekram DC-315/U

Post by Andrew E. Schulma » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:> How to install Linux RedHat with a SCSI Card (Tekram DC-315/U).

Go to ftp://ftp.tekram.com/SCSI/3X5/Linux/Redhat, and download the
driver files for your version of Red Hat.  Then follow the
instructions.  This includes rebuilding your kernel.  Rebuilding the
kernel takes some time the first time you do it, but it's not hard and
is worth doing anyway.

I did this under Debian and it works fine.  For Debian, the instructions
for installing the driver are part of the instructions for installing
Debian.  It's probably the same for Red Hat.  If you already have Red
Hat installed, then just pick out the instructions that apply to you and
ignore the rest.

Good luck,
Andrew.

1. Does redhat7.2 kernel support Tekram SCSI DC-315/U?

I installed a Tekram DC-315/U in my old P1-90.  Redhat 7.2 did not
recognize the presence of new hardware.  So, I think I will have to add
support for the card myself.  How do I do it?  Which kernel module/s
needs to be loaded?  What needs to be configured to build the driver
into the Kernel? etc.

Thanks,

Tom

2. Slackware X dist and Avance Logic Server err 11

3. Q: Tekram DC-315 and Scanner

4. State of NetBSD 1.3/1.4 on Duo230

5. Tekram DC-315U/DC-935UW support?

6. Needed: free Linux SQL DBMS

7. kernel 2.5 / 2.6 and (scsi-) driver for tekram dc-395?

8. Sound card-mounted NCR 53c406a - enough oomph for "real" SCSI?

9. Tekram DC-315u SCSI card OK with Linux ?

10. Anybody running a Tekram DC-390U2W SCSI Card

11. Support for Tekram DC-390F PCI SCSI controller?

12. Support for Tekram DC-390 SCSI Series Controllers

13. Tekram DC-390 SCSI - start on boot