printcap & psnup

Post by Simon Dueckert +49 170 211889 » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi all,

I want to configure a postscript printer to print two pages on one. The printer
is already running. The printcap entry is

ml03_N343|ml3|ml03:\
         :lp=:\
         :mx#0:\
         :rm=printserver1:\
         :rp=ml3:\
         :sh:

What I thought is to use psnup as a filter but I did not find any information
how to do it.

Any help welcome
Simon

printcap & psnup

Post by Frank Ha » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

On Thu, 18 Nov 1999 10:05:14 +0100, Simon Dueckert +49 170 2118890

>I want to configure a postscript printer to print two pages on one. The printer
>is already running. The printcap entry is

[Snipped]

Quote:>What I thought is to use psnup as a filter but I did not find any information
>how to do it.

I think you need to find the Printing How-To.  It does not cover
what you want to do specifically but it should give you some ideas.

I think all you really need to do is set up a second entry in
your /etc/printcap file that calls your script with psnup and
whatever options that you want the psnup program to have.  You
probably need to look at the "if:" entry in your printcap file.

--
Frank Hahn

Klein bottle for rent -- inquire within.

1. psnup in /etc/printcap

Hi,

I am trying to get a postscript printer to print 2 or 4 pages/page. I
have found a utility "psnup" that does exactly that. However, when I put
this utlitity as a filter in /etc/printcap, I get no output anymore.

I've tried different ways, as of or if, with or without wrapperscript,
as a part of a magic filter etc, but no cigar.

Does anyone have something like this working?

ljm

--

reproduced, read or seen, dead or alive or by any means, including
but not limited to telepathy  without the benevolence of the author.

2. screen is blank after exiting X. what's going on?

4. Modems (where to buy)

6. Internet Access through PC installed Solaris 8

7. 没有人用中文吗?

8. xf86config config problems

9. &&&&&& SUGGESTION ??? &&&&&&&&

10. Problem with psnup