pop3 mail to virtual pop

Post by duodav.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I am a newbie using Linux (Mandrake 6.0) on my local machine (not a
server). I want to be able to download email from my POP account on my
ISP, then have my Linux machine behave like a POP server so I can view
the email using an application that ONLY supports POP, like Star Office.

In other words, if I can have my mailbox files pretend to be a POP
server I would be happy.

(BTW what brain decided to write Star Office for Linux without the
ability to read Mailbox files, or am I just missing something??)

How can I do this??

Thanks in advance.

-dave

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. pop3 mail to virtual pop

I am a newbie using Linux (Mandrake 6.0) on my local machine (not a
server). I want to be able to download email from my POP account on my
ISP, then have my Linux machine behave like a POP server so I can view
the email using an application that ONLY supports POP, like Star Office.

In other words, if I can have my mailbox files pretend to be a POP
server I would be happy.

(BTW what brain decided to write Star Office for Linux without the
ability to read Mailbox files, or am I just missing something??)

How can I do this??

Thanks in advance.

-dave

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Installing over PPP

3. Can X give up the mouse when it is idle?

4. Send/Recv POP3 mail locally w/o using POP client?

5. Remote linux server help needed

6. Virtual pop mail does not work?

7. Fetchmail problems

8. Virtual Pop Mail Account Troubles

9. Virtual domain and popping mail - loss of envelope

10. Pop server for virtual pop accounts

11. HELP: virtual hosting, mail, pop3

12. pop3 login fails on virtual host imap mail server