XF86 Setup

Post by Perry Tryfona » Thu, 09 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Hi there guys I have a question that probably requires little attention
but great help.

Here is my senario!

I was going through the xf86config setup for slackware and when I startx
up my screen goes into sleep mode.

I have a plug and play monitor, ati 3D Expression 4MB PC2TV card .
my monitor does maximum resolution of 1024x1124.

My question is what is making my monitor fall asleep when I start X up.

Does anyone have a preconfigured /etc/XF86Config file that suites my
needs on my linux box?

If so can you please send my that file.

Thanks for the great attention to my problem.

XF86 Setup

Post by Nick » Sat, 11 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> > I was going through the xf86config setup for slackware and when I startx
> > up my screen goes into sleep mode.

Ashwin is right.  If your video card is configured for (and attempts to
initialize) a video mode that your monitor cannot support -- guess what?
The monitor goes to sleep.  Actually that's the good news.  Older monitors
could fry instead of going to sleep.  Tune down your startup resolution and/or
refresh rate, and try again.

Quote:> > I have a plug and play monitor, ati 3D Expression 4MB PC2TV card .
> > my monitor does maximum resolution of 1024x1124.

Are you sure that 1024x1124 is monitor's max. resolution?  It just looks
weird.

 Nick                                    Computer Science Department

----------
"The way we affect other people is...all we leave.  It's the message we
 send forward into the future.  ...  I think that once You know what that
 message is, what You want to say, then You know how to behave.  Got it?"

1. freeBSD install problem with XF86 setup

Hello everybody

I'm trying to install freeBSD 4.1.1. and my graphic card is  ATI x-pert
2000. (I think it's Rage 128 Products.)

After I finished X-server configuration(I chose #2- XF86 setup
Fully ...), I don't see the "congratulations, you've got a running
server!". My computer just displays plain rectangular image.

Is tried several diffrent settings, but it didn't work. Is there anybody
having some hints?

Thank you very much in advance!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. about KPPP setup

3. Intergraph Intense 3D Voodoo Rush XF86 Setup (2D portion)

4. NIS on RH 6.1

5. About XF86 Setup

6. flow cypher open source implementation

7. XF86 Setup help with S3 Trio64

8. SLOW SCSI rather than SCSI II

9. mouse works in XF86 setup but not in X Windows

10. About XF86 Setup

11. XF86 setup help needed! (Toshiba Laptop T1960CS)

12. xf86 setup problems

13. Matrox MGA Millenium XF86 Setup?