How do you create your own slakware installation disks?

How do you create your own slakware installation disks?

Post by Samuel Fortine » Tue, 22 Apr 1997 04:00:00

I was wondering if there is a way to create your own slakware
installation disks with your own kernel on them.  I'm curious, because I
would like to do a NFS slakware installation but the Slakware 3.2
installation disks don't have drivers for my network card installed.
So, I was wondering if there's a way for me to compile a kernel for my
computer and then create a slakware installation disk with that kernel
instead of the downloadable ones.  Thanks!

Sam Fortiner

1. Create my own installation diskette - how?

I try to create my own installation diskette (kern.flp) for FreeBSD 4.0
because the generic kernel hasen't the SCSI driver compiled in that I
need.

I simply copy the kern.flp diskette that you can create from the floppy,
mount it and substitute kernel.gz. This works so far, the kernel loads
correctly and I then insert the mfsroot.flp diskette as I would during
an 'ordinary' install. Unfortunately, the kernel tries to mount an
inexistent device to root and halts the system.

I suppose that I have to tell the kernel that mfs is to be used as root
device. I already included 'options mfs_root' and the mfs file system
into the kernel, but that doesn't help.

Any suggestions what exactly needs to be done?

2. UML

3. telnetd

4. How to create my own installation diskette?

5. Unix like Sockets TCP/IP library needed on MS-DOS...help!!

6. slakware 3.1 installation problems from disks

7. user cgi directories, Red Hat 7.3, Apache 1.3.x

8. can't boot Slakware 3.5 installation disk

9. How do you create your own boot disk with a ramdisk image as well??

10. How to create your own boot disk.

11. Q: Need Script to create own boot disks

12. making my own distribution / boot disks? installation howto?