my system is linux slackware 3.035. The problem is that when i use the
scriptfile and connect, it accepts only numeric urls (205.160.xx.xx) and not
literal ones.... how can i do?
1. mysql connection problems (localhost connection)
I am trying to use mysql for the first time on RH7. I already have had
apache working well, and a few system problems, but all-in-all pretty
solid. I have two NIC cards, and the LAN/WAN is all working fine.
When I try to, for example, create a DB, here's the message I get, even
./mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
Check that mysqld is running and that the socket:
Anyone have any ideas what's going on?
I've also had some weird problems on bootup, where NFS lockd times out
with no response from localhost!
Please respond if you have any ideas.
3. ADSL-NIC connection problem (Re: Problems with Verizon's DSL)
5. Modem problems, er, connection problems
8. WD 8013 NIC: Strange I/O address problem
9. TCP/IP connection problems b/w Window/Solaris/Linux
12. Mail and Server Connection Problems
13. Cable modem connection problem