RH6.0 Real Estate

Post by Chris Leac » Fri, 23 Jul 1999 04:00:00

A quick question:  How much HD will I need for a full RH6.0
install w/all comm tools & StO 5.0?  I have a bit under 1.3G
available on a W95 laptop.

Thanks for your help.
Chris

RH6.0 Real Estate

Post by Simon S » Fri, 23 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> A quick question:  How much HD will I need for a full RH6.0
> install w/all comm tools & StO 5.0?  I have a bit under 1.3G
> available on a W95 laptop.

> Thanks for your help.
> Chris

I did a custom installation with everything, I chose the install everything
options, and it takes up less than 1G.

Simon

RH6.0 Real Estate

Post by Manuel Alduci » Fri, 23 Jul 1999 04:00:00

It depends what you mean by full (all the packages?). If you do a
Workstation class installation you'll need around 600 MB and I think
Star Office 5.1 is like 70 MB (not sure) so you are probably on the
side. Of course you can choose to have a custom install and that way
you can maximize your space by installing only what you need . Also
the 6.0 version i better at telling you how much space you are using
when using the custom install.

> A quick question:  How much HD will I need for a full RH6.0
> install w/all comm tools & StO 5.0?  I have a bit under 1.3G
> available on a W95 laptop.

> Thanks for your help.
> Chris

Manuel Alducin