RH5.2 with Epson Stylus Color 300

Post by Grant Taylo » Thu, 18 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> I am a newbie with Linux (Red Hat 5.2). I have a Epson Stylus 300
> printer connected under Parallel port. Does anyone know what's the
> closest printer driver I should use? I tried some incompatible Epson
> printer drivers and the result does not look good (they can't
> utilize the colors or print in enlarge size). Many thanks.

Hmm.  I have no information on this printer in my list.  I strongly
suspect, however, that it can be made to work properly with either one
of the Uniprint Stylus drivers or with the stcolor driver.

Be sure that you are running Ghostscript 5.50, and then play with the
options on the Ghostscript command line.

Please also add this printer to the Printing HOWTO's compatibility
listing once you figure out how best to make it go.  See
http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/pht/printer_list.cgi

--

 Cellphone information: http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/cell/
 Libretto information:  http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/portable/

RH5.2 with Epson Stylus Color 300

Post by Bruce Wendel - NAS » Thu, 18 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Use 'Epson Stylus Color'. I have an RH5.2 & Epson Stylus Color 800 and it
works just fine!

Bruce

>Dear all,

>I am a newbie with Linux (Red Hat 5.2). I have a Epson Stylus 300
>printer connected under Parallel port. Does anyone know what's the
>closest printer driver I should use? I tried some incompatible Epson
>printer drivers and the result does not look good (they can't utilize
>the colors or print in enlarge size). Many thanks.

>Regards,

>Dennis

1. Linux & Epson Stylus Colour 300

Out of interest, does anyone know if there is a ghostscript driver for
the Epson Stylus Colour 300? I personally doubt it, but you never do
know.

I'm not too worried, mind. I've got an old dot-matrix which is much
cheaper to feed anyway. That one definitely isn't a winprinter.
--
<---------------REMOVE SPAMTO TO DIRECT REPLY--------------->

2. 3com 3c900

3. epson stylus color 300

4. Thanks and report.

5. Epson Stylus Color 300

6. Alloc non-cached page

7. SLIP help

8. Driver for Epson stylus color 300 - progress

9. Epson Stylus Color 300

10. printer epson stylus color 300

11. printing with epson stylus color 300

12. EPSON STYLUS 300