linux boot disk?

Post by ##realname# » Mon, 25 Jan 1999 04:00:00

 I am unable to make a redhat linux boot disk. The disk requires a 1.44
mb of space and after formatting I have only 1.38 mb which is not enough
for the linux boot image. Is there any way out?
Thanks in anticipation.

linux boot disk?

Post by Norman Elliot » Sat, 30 Jan 1999 04:00:00

>  I am unable to make a redhat linux boot disk. The disk requires a 1.44
> mb of space and after formatting I have only 1.38 mb which is not enough
> for the linux boot image. Is there any way out?
> Thanks in anticipation.

If you are booting from Dos or starting a Win95/98 pc in dos mode you
should be able to
access the Linux cdrom.
In that case I don't think you need a formatted floppy, any 1.44 meg (
blank or used ) one will do
Put it in the A: drive.
change drives at the dos prompt to the cdrom.
get into the directory were the boot image is ( I don't use Red Hat but
I think it is called boot.img
type rawrite boot.img a:   and press enter
the disc will be written
HTH
norm