CD ROM not seen during install

Post by Mark Fear » Sun, 21 May 1995 04:00:00

 Greetings. I have a 2nd hard drive (hdb) that I want to devote entirely
to Linux. I was able to partition it OK. When I tried to install the
source, I chose the CD ROM to hard drive option, but the CD ROM was not
seen and the process aborted. Should I have 'fdisk'ed the CD ROM somehow
using a 'sda'
type of tag?
-

CD ROM not seen during install

Post by Suad Musovi » Tue, 23 May 1995 04:00:00

First of all I would like you ask you a question..
If I threw a rock in the air how high would it go?

In other words, you are being a little vague.

Some more specs, like the type of CD ROM you have?? ...have you got Linux
running on your system already..partitions existing..which boot images are you
using..can I borrow fifty bucks till next Wednesday

many questions...

:  Greetings. I have a 2nd hard drive (hdb) that I want to devote entirely
: to Linux. I was able to partition it OK. When I tried to install the
: source, I chose the CD ROM to hard drive option, but the CD ROM was not
: seen and the process aborted. Should I have 'fdisk'ed the CD ROM somehow
: using a 'sda'
: type of tag?
: -