Question about Linux ?

Post by wulff » Tue, 11 May 1999 04:00:00

I have some ideas I want to play with on the internet.  I've been told
to use linux because it's free.  If I need to acces data via
apache.....What will be the database ?

Can I use ASP or  Perl or Both ?

1. RedHat 5.1 Questions and Linux Questions ?

Hi there,

I have following questions to ask about my newly installed Linux.

1) How can I enable Telnet access for root under RedHat 5.1? (It's just my
intranet experimental system, so security is not a problem)

2) Sometimes, when I configure some configuration files in Linux (/etc/*), I
want to know exactly what it does and its command. How can I use "man" to
search it.

I had tried "man resolv.conf", "man network". The man program always said
that there are no those text here.

Please kindly reply me via email.

Regards,
Edward.

2. HP vs. Sparc servers -- comparisons please.

3. Additional Questions Concerning Re: Questions from Linux newbieI

4. Boca Research PCI Ethernet *sucks* the Big One

5. Linux SLIP driver. - and other question about linux!

6. what is the equivalent of dynamically loading libraries on Solaris

7. Not quite a Linux question, but Linux users will understand...

8. NIS+ domain/subdomain questions

9. Question Printing Linux To Linux

10. Basic questions about Linux (was: Linux)

11. Question about Linux Bible and Linux Network Admin Guide

12. A few questions reguarding Linux

13. Some questions about Linux!