Installing Warp after Linux?

Post by Gregory J Eva » Fri, 30 Dec 1994 19:46:54

Hello all,

       I currently have 2 hard drives, one for Dos/Windows, one for
Linux, and I want to install WARP on top of my Dos/Windows.  I use LILO
on my master boot record to choose at boot time.  Is there any way to
work it out so I can choose to boot to any of the three without
re-installing everything?

Thanks for any advice...

--
/*********************************************************************\
      "The present day composer refuses to die!" - Edgar Varese

 Greg Evans                           CompSci/University of Minnesota

scgroup www homepage: http://www.eeb.ele.tue.nl/midi/scgroup/index.html

Installing Warp after Linux?

Post by The Extremi » Sat, 31 Dec 1994 03:33:13

: Hello all,

:
:        I currently have 2 hard drives, one for Dos/Windows, one for
: Linux, and I want to install WARP on top of my Dos/Windows.  I use LILO
: on my master boot record to choose at boot time.  Is there any way to
: work it out so I can choose to boot to any of the three without
: re-installing everything?

        When you run OS/2, you should use the OS/2 Boot Manager to get
into everything you want.  For DOS/WINDOWS, you don't need to do anything
special.  For Linux, you want to do the following...
        1) Run SETUP
        2) Do a LILO install that puts the LILO configuration at the
superblock of the boot partition (DO NOT INSTALL IT TO THE MASTER BOOT
RECORD OF THE C DRIVE!!!)
        3) Boot DOS and run "FDISK /MBR" to rewrite the master  boot
record on your C drive.
        4) Install OS/2 and install all of your bootableas partitions as such...

Hope this helps!!!

:  UMass - Amherst / Computer Science     :  Class of '96    :
:  Is OS/2 only half an operating system? :  Those are HUGE! :

1. Installing Linux on OS/2 Warp system with Boot Manager

Hi,

I run OS/2 Warp with HPFS and WFW3.11 on my Micron P90PCI Powerstation.  I am
acquiring a new 1.2 gig drive, and would like to install Linux(I have just purchased
the Yggdrasil Plug & Play Linux package).  I want to be able to load Linux from Boot
Manager.  This morning, I tried to install Linux on a computer at work which is
running Warp Server Beta II and the Linux partition was created ok, but wouldn't
boot.  BM gave the message that the partition was unbootable.

Anyway, if anyone has had experience installing Linux on an OS/2 system or knows
of a FAQ, I'd appreciate hearing.

Thanks,

Brian

2. Using Perldisk

3. Have you installed Linux over Warp? Please HELP!!

4. problem with f2c and Linux 2.0

5. Installing Warp after Linux?

6. Telematic access to digital sound

7. Have you installed Linux over Warp? Please HELP!!

8. Error resolving http.us.debian.org

9. Informix problems afters Y2K Solaris 2.5 patch

10. callback, ppp, and morning-afters

11. After installing OS WARP fdisk is broken!

12. Going to install on a partition via fdisk in OS/2 Warp

13. How do I install Slackware replacing OS/2 Warp?