DPT 2144UW controller and RH 5.1

Post by Mark P C Ch » Tue, 30 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I recently got RH5.1 and was trying to install it onto my computer but I
have come across a dead end. At the moment the SCSI controller I am using
is not being recognised by the RH boot disk (I have tried using EATA-DMA
and EATA-PIO with no success). I have emailed RH tech support and they are
aware of the problem and are working on a fix for it. I was just wondering
if anyone else have had this problem and if there's a boot disk somewhere
that would solve my problem (instead of waiting for RH to get back).
Thanks a lot.

Mark
--

PS      My hardware setup is as follows.

        1. Tyan Tsunami 1646 (Pentium II 333MHz)
        2. IBM 4.3GB UW hard drives x2
        3. Plextor Ultraplex
        4. ATI All in Wonder Pro (shouldn't affect it)
        5. 3Com 3c905B PCI card

PPS     I have tried installing Suse 5.1 and it seems to go okay except
that sometimes I get a SCSI_FREE error? Any ideas what it could be and
what setting I should have for the DPT controller.

1. DPT 2144UW and RH 5.1

[...]

2. Newbie 4.1.4> 4.2.1 Migration

3. DPT 2144UW controller

4. HELP please with my chat script for ppp

5. Which is better: DPT 2144UW or the BusLogic 958?

6. *Re: Problems linking using vector class*

7. Anybody using DPT 2144UW SCSI-board?

8. Trouble Connecting SyJet Drive to Sun Hardware

9. Which is better: DPT 2144UW or the BusLogic 958?

10. DPT 2144UW, smp=1 kernel, odd happenings

11. Promise EIDE Controllers and Compatiblity with RH 5.1 Linux

12. NCR53C810 SCSI Controller not found with 2.0.35 RH 5.1 on as200

13. Can a pgm compiled on RH 5.1 run on RH 4.2?