If you are having problems running netscape....

If you are having problems running netscape....

Post by jim » Thu, 03 Apr 1997 04:00:00

<HTML><BODY>

<BR>?I have been having terrible problems running netscape w/ bus crashes and
EMT traps under&nbsp;
<BR>Red Hat Linux 4.1.&nbsp; However, there is a fix on the web for most of
this stuff.&nbsp; Look at
<BR>
<BR><A HREF="http://members.ping.at/theofilu/netscape.html">http://members.ping.at/theofilu/netscape.html</A>
<BR>
<BR>Someone from www.linux.org might want to mirror this site.
<BR>

</BODY>
</HTML>

1. Am I the only one having trouble with Netscape???

I'm running RedHat 5.2 with developmental kernels,
currently 2.1.130 because I have dual processors, PnP,
need access to NTFS partitions, etc.  But Netscape 4.5
is crashing so often that I am reminded of Windows 3.0,
heavens forbid.  Am I the only one with these experiences??
I do a lot of email/web related work with other mathematicians/
scientists all around the world, so the email/browser
part of the os is important.  In the background, I have serious
computations going on, but it is the routine web related stuff
in the foreground that is driving me nuts.  Is there an
alternative to Netscape for Linux?  I need a bulletproof
email/browser combination and Netscape doesn't seem
to be the answer.
Thanks for any pointers. Tom T.

2. lan trouble

3. problem Netscape Communicator 4.03 not running but netscape 3.04 is running

4. dumb laptop question

5. I already RTFM, but am still having problems

6. How do you turn off Kerberos with rsh?

7. I am having problems with "fvwm2" or Xwindows

8. inform equivalent?

9. I am having problems with the 3c905 and the 3c509b with RH 5.0

10. I am having a /proc problem.

11. Help I am having OOP problems in Linux

12. SB PNP isa, I am having installation problems.

13. Help: Am I the Only one in the world having problems installing SR5