Help with LILO for a Newbie

Post by felicity+s.. » Tue, 09 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> linux is with Loadlin and that doesn't mount cleanly.  So is there any way for
> me to re-install LILO or can someone recommend another bootloader?

if you just wiped it from the MBR, it's easy to reinstall:  "/sbin/lilo".  If
you wiped LILO completely off your hard drive, you can simply get the source
or a precompiled package and install it.

--
To reply via mail, please remove the obvious from the email address.

1. Newbie: Help with LILO

I upgraded the Windows partition of a dual-boot system from Win95 to
Win2K by reformatting the windows partition and installing Win2K from
scratch.  Now I can't seem to boot into Linux because the LILO prompt
never comes up.

I am told I need to do something with LILO to refresh the boot record,
but I am unsure as to how to go about it.  Please help.

TIA,

Valerie

2. ICL (UK) hardware and SCO R5

3. Linux Newbie Q-LILO boot from FDD states "Error 0x10"-HELP!

4. Boot disk for SCSI(Q-Logic) w/non SCSI CD

5. Newbie Help - Reinstalling LILO

6. Which commercial (non-Linux) Unix???

7. Help this newbie with Lilo please

8. quotactl() on OSF/1

9. Newbie help - removing LILO from the MBR

10. R/H 5.2 Stalls after Lilo boot - help newbie

11. Newbie needs help with LILO and partitions

12. Lilo newbie need help fast please

13. Newbie help - 0x10 returned by LILO