1. Child Died on setup with Slackware
Subject: Help, Error in 1st disk
Organization: CERFnet Dial n' CERF Customer
This is my first try at Linux installation with Slackware from
I use idecd and color144
Hardware includes: 486/66 USLogic, IDE CDROM (Soney CDU55E),
After putting the first disk in, one of the message is
No BIOS32 present, this release still depend on it. Sorry
I disregarded this message.
A few more message include:
hda: WDC AC28950
hdb: CD-ROM CDU55E
RAMDISK: 1474560 bytes
VFS: Insert ramdisk floppy and press enter
I don't know what is the Ram Disk floppy so I just pressed
VFS: Disk change detected on device 2/28.
RAMDISK: Minix filesystems found at block 0
RAMDISK: Loading 1440 blodks into RAM disk
lines after lines of
child xxx died with code ff00
xxx run from 1 to over 10000
I had no problem with Plug and Play linux, but I want
to get the latest Slackware :_)
Help please :-))
What did I do wrong?
Oh, I have 8Meg of RAM :-))
2. Mouse Cursor gone in Corel Linux
3. Boot disk dies after Slackware 3.0 setup
4. FreeBSD 4.7 Stable and nforce chipset
5. Problems booting setup program for Slackware 3.0
6. root cant telnet in
7. slackware's setup program failing to find my atapi cdrom
8. Help with installation please!!
9. R.H. 2.1/Newbie Setup/X setup dies/help!
10. Slackware Linux setup programs
11. PC-NFS, printing, bannerpage. die.die.die
12. Zombie die die die
13. /ethan die,die,die