Runlevel 5 and path lost /sbin and /usr/bin

Runlevel 5 and path lost /sbin and /usr/bin

Post by sdea.. » Wed, 10 Jan 2001 00:02:02

Hi to All,

I have this problem over RedHat 7, if I setting on linuxconf default
boot mode To: Graphic & Network; the boot don't change.

If I set id:5:initdefault: on my inittab I can make Graphic login but
when I open the console windows I don't have the path /sbin or /usr/bin.

How can I do to set up also this path (/sbin & /usr/bin) in runlevel 5
?!?!?!?

Thank you very much

Stefano

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Post by Davi » Wed, 10 Jan 2001 00:42:55

> Hi to All,

> I have this problem over RedHat 7, if I setting on linuxconf default
> boot mode To: Graphic & Network; the boot don't change.

> If I set id:5:initdefault: on my inittab I can make Graphic login but
> when I open the console windows I don't have the path /sbin or /usr/bin.

> How can I do to set up also this path (/sbin & /usr/bin) in runlevel 5
> ?!?!?!?

> Thank you very much

> Stefano

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

If you are using "su" then you need to use "su -" instead to get the
full path.

ID # 123538
Completed more W/U's than 98.990% of seti users. +/- 0.01%

Post by Craig Kelle » Wed, 10 Jan 2001 01:14:20

> Hi to All,

> I have this problem over RedHat 7, if I setting on linuxconf default
> boot mode To: Graphic & Network; the boot don't change.

> If I set id:5:initdefault: on my inittab I can make Graphic login but
> when I open the console windows I don't have the path /sbin or /usr/bin.

> How can I do to set up also this path (/sbin & /usr/bin) in runlevel 5
> ?!?!?!?

> Thank you very much

Add this line to /etc/profile

export PATH=$PATH:/sbin:/usr/sbin