Help Loadlin vmlinuz

Post by sures » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

hi all
I need vmlinuz and loadlin for Redhat 6.0, anybody can write from where
i could get it
I lost my access to my Linux box
thanks in advance

Help Loadlin vmlinuz

Post by Tobb » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

suresh skrev:

Quote:> hi all
> I need vmlinuz and loadlin for Redhat 6.0, anybody can write from where
> i could get it
> I lost my access to my Linux box
> thanks in advance

Make a Slakware boot disk,  RAWRITE.EXE  bare.i
at the lilo-promp type   mount root=/dev/ your-linux-partion
http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/os/Linux/distributions/slackware/slackware/bo...

/Tobbe
http://home.swipnet.se/~w-46021/

Help Loadlin vmlinuz

Post by sures » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi
i made a bootdisk but i'm not getting any LILO prompt,
and the problem is back.
could anybody help me
thanks in advance

> suresh skrev:

> > hi all
> > I need vmlinuz and loadlin for Redhat 6.0, anybody can write from where
> > i could get it
> > I lost my access to my Linux box
> > thanks in advance

> Make a Slakware boot disk,  RAWRITE.EXE  bare.i
> at the lilo-promp type   mount root=/dev/ your-linux-partion
> http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/os/Linux/distributions/slackware/slackware/bo...

> /Tobbe
> http://home.swipnet.se/~w-46021/

1. Loadlin and vmlinuz..

Hola!!

I have RH5.2 working off a boot disk and win98 without the disk, but I would
prefer to do a custom config/auto and run Loadlin BUT..

I cannot - for the life of me - figure out where or how to get the vmlinuz
file needed to run LoadLin - "c:\loadlin c:\vmlinuz root=/dev/hda2 ro"..

I found one file in /boot named vmlinuz-2.0.36-0.7, and A)I'm not sure if
it's the correct file B) I tried copying it to my dos share but it gives  me
this error "cp:cannot create regular file 'mnt/dos/vvmlinuz-2.0.36-0.7':
Invalid argument"

Anyone who's done this with the same RH vrsn, ur input WILL be greatly
APPRECIATED!!

ray

2. Korn Shell download

3. Which vmlinuz to use with loadlin?

4. IBM's Firewall on RS/6000

5. loadlin & vmlinuz question

6. Winmodem ?

7. vmlinuz & Loadlin

8. Digital Ant Farm???

9. HELP, HELP, vmlinuz problem. Cant start linux probably

10. LILO v.17 reports "kernel /vmlinuz is too big!" HELP!

11. VMLINUZ Problems. Need help.

12. LILO message - vmlinuz too big - HELP

13. a little help - vmlinuz not found