KPPP doesn't log onto network, when it's window is not in focus

KPPP doesn't log onto network, when it's window is not in focus

Post by Sasha Agrano » Thu, 27 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hi!

I'm using KDE 1.0 under RedHat 5.0.

The problem is that KPPP logs to network (passes authencity
verification) ONLY when it's window is in focus. When I move the mouse
out of it (and I have Focus-Follow-Mouse) it dials the number, starts
talking with the other side, writes "Logging on Network..." and after a
minute shows "PPPD daemon died unexpectedly" dialogue. I tried changing
the PPPD wait time but unsuccessfully - KPPP waits longer, but still
doesn't log on Network.

Any ideas?

Best regards,
               Sasha

P.S. Please crossmail your answers to my E-Mail address.

--
BTW: Sasha is a short form of Alexander. You knew it, didn't you?
--

|  (   )    0ooo.      (972) 8 9131187        |
+---\ (-----(   )-----------------------------+

KPPP doesn't log onto network, when it's window is not in focus

Post by Tomas Baubly » Thu, 27 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I got the same message and still no idea what it is. Im using S.u.S.E.
5.3.
Please let me know, if you will get help. Toda raba and ev. bolshoje
spasibo za pomosc..
Sasha Agranov schrieb:
> Hi!

> I'm using KDE 1.0 under RedHat 5.0.

> The problem is that KPPP logs to network (passes authencity
> verification) ONLY when it's window is in focus. When I move the mouse
> out of it (and I have Focus-Follow-Mouse) it dials the number, starts
> talking with the other side, writes "Logging on Network..." and after a
> minute shows "PPPD daemon died unexpectedly" dialogue. I tried changing
> the PPPD wait time but unsuccessfully - KPPP waits longer, but still
> doesn't log on Network.

> Any ideas?

> Best regards,
>                Sasha

> P.S. Please crossmail your answers to my E-Mail address.

> --
> BTW: Sasha is a short form of Alexander. You knew it, didn't you?
> --
>         ''~``
>        ( + + )
> +-.ooo0--(_)--0ooo.---------------------------+
> |                     Alexander Agranov       |
> |                   Israel, TelRad - CPM B    |

> |  (   )    0ooo.      (972) 8 9131187        |
> +---\ (-----(   )-----------------------------+
>      \_)     ) /
>             (_/

1. Why am I not 'Logged in' ?

Hi,

I am using Sun O.S. 4.1.1

I use screen to open multiple windows on my vt100 terminal. This
morning, when I tried to set up an alarm for myself using 'leave', I
got the following error message :

Script started on Thu Jun  4 10:00:01 1992
%>leave 1010
leave: You are not logged in
script done on Thu Jun  4 10:00:13 1992

Why am I not logged in ? Is this a bug in screen ?

Thanx in advance.

Cheers,

--

2. FTP from AS/400 to UNIX

3. 'who' doesn't know who's logged in

4. National SC3200 Video Config

5. can't click to focus, console doesn't work

6. SVNet Meeting October 18: Internet Publishing with Frame & Adobe

7. KPPP logs onto network

8. SSH2 {newbie}

9. Users having probs logging into Linux system, get '/home/...' doesn't exist.

11. Don't even try to use kppp with Mindspring - Doesn't work at all

12. PPP doesn't connect if I'm not root (already RTFM'd!)

13. Old ksh doesn't have '!=="not"' -- What to do?