RH 5.2 FTP doesn't work

Post by Jim Baile » Tue, 27 Apr 1999 04:00:00

When I connect to the machine, I get a 'connected' message but no login
request.
Several seconds later '421 Service not available. Remote machine
disconnected'
My inetd has the appropriate line for the ftpd uncommented (per my Linux
Unleashed book) - the RH book say to install anon-ftp RPM for anonymous
ftp - but still no help.  Can anyone offer advice ?

-- jim bailey

RH 5.2 FTP doesn't work

Post by Paul Kimo » Wed, 28 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> When I connect to the machine, I get a 'connected' message but no login
> request.
> Several seconds later '421 Service not available. Remote machine
> disconnected'
> My inetd has the appropriate line for the ftpd uncommented (per my Linux
> Unleashed book)

And what about the /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny files?

--

1. Tulip Driver worked under RH 5.0, doesn't under 5.2 or SuSE 5.2, any ideas?

I have been using RH Linux on a Compaq with an onboard DEC 23x4x something
or other.  It was automatically recognized  by the kerner and the tulip
driver was loaded for it.  Been running for months.  I upgraded my system to
RH 5.2, and the card is no longer recognized.  I tried to pass the IRQ and
Memory settings to the kernel, but it was still not recognized.  SuSE,
recognized it as a Compaq Netelligent 10/100 PCI which would be fine if it
worked.  I can go down the path of finding the differences between the 5.0
tulip driver and the 5.2 driver, but If anyone has done this already, or run
into this problem, I would appreciate any information.  Thanks

Brian Sutterfield

2. Software Licensing API Standard Announcement

3. 'make config' Doesn't work in RH 5.2?

4. Multics meets Linux, or Preemption within the kernel?

5. -Newbie-KDE doesn't want to work whith RH 5.2...HELPME !!8-)

6. >/dev/msglog 2<>/dev/msglog </dev/console

7. FTP RH 5.2 -> RH 5.2 = NFT (No File Transfer)

8. rzsz for solaris

9. Can't get FTP/Telnet to work in RH 5.2 -- Please help

10. AHA 1542 Scsi not working under RH 6.1; worked fine under RH 5.2

11. RH 5.2 doesn't have make...

12. RH Linux 5.2 doesn't see Com2??

13. RH Linux 5.2 Doesn't See COM2 Modem