/var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm

Post by You Wi » Sat, 29 May 1999 04:00:00

A forced check on my /var partition reveiled duplicate block allocation to
/var/log/boot.log and /var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm.

I fixed the problem and after checking in /var/log/boot.log it seems like it
was the actual corrupted file.

I would like to know what is /var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm and if it can be
"checked" for errors or rebuilt in some way (I think it size is over 9Mb).

This way I could make sure the content did not get corrupted because it was
cross-linked with /var/log/boot.log.

Thanks!

Marc

1. RPM Crashes with "//var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm not found"

I am running FreeBSD 3.4 with linux binary capability installed (linux
base 6.1).  I know that the linux capability works because I have
WordPerfect  8 running.  I am trying to install an rpm but when I run it
through RPM 2.5.6 I get this error:
failed to open //var//lib/rpm/packages.rpm

I do not understand this, as I installed the RPM through the FreeBSD
ports collection.
Any help would be appreciated.

2. SAMBA

3. Problem with Gnome RPM - Failed to open /var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm

4. PATCH: remove old style and unused bad drive list

5. RPM: cannot open //var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm

6. dns problem

7. failed to open //var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm

8. udgrade path from YDL 2.3 to 3.0?

9. cannot open //var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm

10. RedHat 3.0.3 Installation - FAILED TO OPEN "/mnt/var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm"

11. RPM for Uwin - cannot open file //var/lib/rpm/nameindex.rpm

12. RPM corrupted, rpm --rebuilddb fails and there is data in the /var/lib/rpm directory