Zoomair 2Mb Wireless Card in Redhat 7.0

Post by Austin Denni » Mon, 05 Feb 2001 23:09:00

Hi

I have Redhat 7.0 and would like to install a Zoomair 2Mb PCMCIA card in it.
I've read all the websites which describe the installation process, but
can't really work out how to do it (some of those sites assume you have an
older version of the pcmcia and wlan modules etc.). Currently, the pcmcia
adapter is working fine (it installs on boot without any errors). However, I
can't seem to get the Zoomair card working (or more to the point, I can't
figure out what I need to do). Do I need to rebuild the pcmcia and wlan
modules, or can I just modify some settings in the /etc/pcmcia directory? I
have another ethernet card in the box, and it's working fine (as eth0).
There is no eth1 configured. I'm not that familiar with linux, so any help
would be very much appreciated!

Many thanks
Austin

Zoomair 2Mb Wireless Card in Redhat 7.0

Post by Clemen » Tue, 06 Feb 2001 22:43:55

Does anyone use kernel 2.4.1 with that Apdatec raid card?  After
compiling the new kernel with I2O support, I got an error:

# /sbin/mkinitrd /boot/initrd-2.4.1.img 2.4.1
No module dpt_i2o found for kernel 2.4.1

Can anyone give me a hand?  Thank you very much.

Regards,

Clement

Post by Kerry Co » Mon, 26 Feb 2001 15:18:46

> Does anyone use kernel 2.4.1 with that Apdatec raid card?  After
> compiling the new kernel with I2O support, I got an error:

> # /sbin/mkinitrd /boot/initrd-2.4.1.img 2.4.1
> No module dpt_i2o found for kernel 2.4.1

> Can anyone give me a hand?  Thank you very much.

> Regards,

> Clement

Hey, I'm having the same problem with both a NCR SCSI card an Adaptec
2940 SCSI card. Any luck? I think it has to do with the modules, but
can't find anything else out. Running a Red Hat Linux 6.2 system.
Kerry
--

/-----------------------------\  /--------------------------\

|  System Administrator KSL    __      (801) 575-7771       |
|      http://www.ksl.com     |  |      ICQ#37681165        |
\-----------------------------/  \--------------------------/

1. WIRELESS: Need help with Linksys Wireless PC Card (WPC11) & RedHat 7.0

I'm having a problem wrapping my brain around the requirements for
getting the Linksys Wireless PC Card functioning with my Linux
installation.  I have a Linksys Fast EtherLink XL CardBus PC card that
works fine with RedHad 7.0 with the provided configuration.

Has anybody done the setup work for this card that can provide me with
the settings and/or specific files?  I've been messing with
/etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts and /etc/pcmcia/config.opts, but I've not
been able to get the link to fire up.

I'd appreciate any help.  Thanks!

2. Shell Script HELP?

3. ZoomAir 400 wireless lan card

4. HELP : Matrox MGA millenium

5. ZoomAir wireless 802.11 ethernet

6. tftp looping error

7. Disable source routing for firewall?

8. WANTED 2MB Wireless LAN Cards

9. encryption capable Wireless card or SSH with Wireless Card?

10. Suse 7.0; Yast2, kinternet, rc.dialout und ich komme nicht ins Internet

11. ZoomAir 4000 or 4002 802.11 PCMCIA card support

12. Zoomair pcmcia wlan card