Multimonitor w/ fixed-frequency monitor.

Multimonitor w/ fixed-frequency monitor.

Post by Michael Ho » Sun, 24 Sep 2000 10:43:54

I'm just starting w/Linux, and I've got a project here that I'm
working on to get me going. I'm running into a few snags, though,
and I'm looking for some help.

I've been trying to set up multimonitor functionality on my Linux machine
with a normal old 640x480 VGA monitor and a bigger-than-Jesus RasterOps
fixed-frequency grayscale monitor.

I've got some decent specs for that second monitor here:

http://www.nashville.net/~griffin/monitors/NSAHi26.html

I've read all the HOWTOs I can find about it, as well, and I'm still
running into difficulties. Specifically, I can't get my XF86Config file to
recognize the second video card.

The one I'm using for the VGA is a Trident 9660 PCI card, and I've got an
ATI Rage Pro behind the fixed-frequency beast.

Are there any suggestions out there, any more references I could read?

And, god help me, how can I get X to pipe its error messages to a file?

--
Mike Hoye

1. XF86 and fixed-frequency monitor problems...

I have an HP 98752A fixed-frequency monitor and a Mirage Z128 graphics
card on my system running red hat 4.1.  I've been trying to get X running
properly, but the screen just looks like snow (except I can see the fvwm
colors underneath).  I've been hesitant to mess around with it too much
and burn out my monitor--can anyone give me some advice or point me to a
document on this or something?  Thanks in advance.

2. RedHat 9 Availability Sucks

3. 63kHz H, 60Hz V fixed-frequency monitor with Win95 and Linux

4. (none)

5. Using a fixed-frequency Sun Monitor with a Linux PC

6. Limit No Of Login Attempts

7. Fixed-Frequency Monitor & Windows 95

8. Upgrade to XFree86.3.3.3

9. XF86Config for generic 15" fixed-frequency monitor

10. fixed-frequency monitors?

11. two graphic devices and fixed-frequency monitor

12. XF86 with Fixed-frequency monitors/cards?

13. Fixed Frequency Monitors?